e-codices - Virtual Manuscript Library of Switzerland
"It started as a preservation mission for a single abbey, but grew into a more ambitious effort to put medieval documents from all over Switzerland on a single web site. Now the Stiftsbibliothek is part of a network for digitizing medieval manuscripts called the "Virtual Manuscript Library of Switzerland". Spiegel Online
"What started as a pilot project in 2005 grew sharply last year, when the Saint Gallen project was incorporated into a program to digitize all of Switzerland's roughly 7,000 medieval manuscripts"
The New York Times, October 18, 2008
- single point of access for Swiss manuscripts on the internet
- a project of the Medieval Institute of the University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- accessible at: www.e-codices.ch
- follow-up project of CESG - Codices electronici Sangallenses (Digital Abbey Library of Saint Gall).
- high resolution digital images: over 140'000 facsimile pages
- regularly updated: